Mining Surveying Services from Queens Park, Port Hedland, Bridgetown and Australind
Dean Smith Surveying provides GPS and Total Station Surveying for Open Pit Mining purposes as listed below:
- Control Establishment – Traversing with a 3 second instrument and reducing data using both angular adjustment and the Bowditch adjustment to refine results. Where horizontal tolerances can be met by GPS, multiple reading, averaged RTK GPS. Both methods are levelled with a Digital Level.
- General Survey Pickups – Initial ground survey for calculations of topsoil removal volumes, cut and fill volumes and for design purposes. Stockpile Surveys and Current Pit shell surveys and updates for End of Month Volumes
- Setout – including general Pit setout of Top/Crest and Toe of batters, Drill and Blast design setout, general mine grid setouts, Clearing Setouts. Conversions between Grids.
- Machine Control – Design files can be supplied in Machine control format for Trimble, Topcon and Leica.
- GPS Data Collection – Top/Crest and Toe of batters, Pit Surveys, Blast Toe Surveys, Blast Pattern Surveys for BCM volume calculations, Waste Dump Surveys for volume calculations, clearing surveys for area calculations.
- Total Station Surveys – Concrete setout, Holding Down Bolt setouts, Final Trim Earthworks Pads, Rail, Road and Road Intersection setouts.
- Data – is collected and exported as CSV or DXF/DWG formats. This format can be converted to string files for use with Surpac Mining Software as required. Dean Smith Surveying uses Civilcad software, Global Mapper, Google Earth and Microsoft Excel for data processing.